Tuesday, May 9, 2017

17.05.09. Cancun a Isla Mujeres

I was fortunate to get an appointment with the family dentist in Cancun - Dr. Hugo - this morning for a cleaning. 
 

I now call Dr. Hugo my international dentist because this is my second visit - Mike and I both saw him last year when we were here, me for a simple cleaning when we came for some crown work Mike needed.   This year I will return later for some crown work of my own. 

Claudia gave me a ride to the ferry terminal after that where I bought a round trip ticket to my next adventure..... Isla Mujeres.   
 
It is a short ferry ride out of Cancun and across the channel to the island.
 
Being the whiz I am with Google Maps, I knew it was a short 1/2 mile walk to my hostel, so I found the shady side of the street and stopped along the way 
 
to eat my cooler lunch from home ( I always am sorry to eat right away after getting my teeth cleaned, but it is inevitable!)

Upon arrival at PocNa Hostel I was fortunate to upgrade to a private room for two nights and went straight to the beach side hammocks for the afternoon.  Shade, swing, happy feet!
 
Being the baseball fan I am, I started the SFGiants game on my MLB at Bat app before dinner, then, in honor of Mike and my habit, went down the street to the corner sports bar, Matamoros, and finished the game on ESPN Español.  Poor Giants lose again - this time to the NY Mets. 
 
I had fajitas for dinner at Medina Taqueria , about a 1/4 mile walk from "home" and went back to my room to listen to the live music from the comfort from my own bed. Perfecto!

No comments:

Post a Comment