Friday, May 5, 2017

17.05.01-04 Preparing to leave for Mexico

I moved the Southwind from South Carlsbad State Beach to San Elijo State Beach 
( just six miles south on the coast highway) where Mary has a camp hosting gig 
during the months of May and June.
This is a perfect win-win situation for both of us because Mary gets to live in her old home town while she enjoys living at the beach for two months, and I do not have to worry about or pay for storage for the Southwind while I am gone to Mexico.

Most of the three nights and days we spent together 
were devoted to Mary getting settled in the Southwind 

and me getting OUT and ready to leave town for two months.
We took a break to enjoy a beach walk at sunset on the middle night.

I've been preparing for this trip for over a month, because I knew I would want to have a bit of spare time to return to South Carlsbad for a relaxing beach afternoon at my favorite spot.


I made it out of the house according to schedule so I could attend 
one last Grief Yoga session in Carlsbad.
This yoga class has been a very satisfying experience for me during the 10 weeks I attended. The instructor, Monique, lost her own husband at a much younger age than me, and has a great knack for leading us to recognize, acknowledge and accept our physical and emotional feelings at our own pace.  I knew one last session would be a good way to bring closure to this shocking period of grief during my Carlsbad months, and to transition to the next phase of my life without Mike.  

Well relaxed and connected, I continued on out of town and stopped for a short visit with Roger and Jeannie at their house in Oceanside

before continuing on to Rick and Chris's house in Escondido.  I am staying with them tonight because they have agreed to babysit my Jeep for the two months I will be gone.

Rick drove me to AVIS is his hot corvette 
so I could pick up my rental car to drive myself to the airport
 for a 12:50 flight tomorrow morning.


Thanks, Chris and Rick.
Goodbye to California for now.......



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Rick's Corvette is hot. And it was a pleasure hosting you.

    ReplyDelete