Tuesday, May 9, 2017

17.05.08. Cancún

Today was a good day for ejercicio. I went with Clau en la mañana to her yoga class at Aviva  
which is a very new and nice spa in town that is owned by her friends Ursula and Maura. They are going to have Claudia design and install a rooftop garden - here it is ready and waiting: see empty planter boxes on the lower level. 
 
Back to yoga.....it was a good thing the 90 minute class was easy enough to follow by watching the other students ( but with harder moves than the grief yoga class I have been taking, so I didn't get them all) because the instructor, Valentina,
 
spoke beautiful Argentinian Spanish and I understood very little of it!

We spent the afternoon at home. Ceviche for mid day meal, and I gave myself a tour of their working back yard:  

compost bin for the garden.
 
garden for food.
 
Dehydrator for processing some of the garden items. 
Palapa with mosquito netting and hammocks for siesta after eating the food from the garden
 
And an outdoor compost baño to collect the processed food and start the cycle all over again! 
When the afternoon siesta was complete, we drove back to Aviva where Claudia gives a hula hoop class on Monday and Wednesday evenings.  
This class was a lot of fun for all six students and the teacher was spectacular, 
 
but again, I learned best with my eyes since my ears and brain are not quite up to the task of understanding all the español. 

Finally, after class, Claudia took both her mothers out to dinner at an outdoor Italian restaurant 
 
where we ate under a full moon and celebrated "dia de la madre" (which is always on May 10 in Mexico) two days early. 
 
Buenas noche de Cancún. 

No comments:

Post a Comment