Saturday, May 6, 2017

17.05.05 Travel Day to Cancun

8:00 AM. Wake up
9/00 AM. Leave Chris and Rick's house in my bright red Jerp rental car
9:45 AM. Arrive at rental car drop off due to light traffic and on time departure
 

10:00 AM  Arrive at airport via rental car shuttle
 
10:30 AM. Finish checkin for 12:50 flight - print boarding pass and check one bag
So far, so good!
10:35  Board rental car shuttle bus to RETURN to the AVIS counter because they called to let me know I took the keys with me.  
 
Go figure!  Usually I leave things behind!  Luckily,  today I had plenty of time, so my mistake was not a terrible setback
11:30 AM. Arrive at the gate in plenty of time to catch my flight
Back on track!
1:30 PM Late departure gave me plenty of time at the gate to eat some breakfast and send adios messages to my peeps.
6:00 PM local time - the  flight to Dsllas was uneventful
10:00 PM local time - the flight to Cancun was uneventful
 
12:15 AM local time. Finally cleared customs and left the airport after a two hour ordeal due to hundreds of people 
 

and only 3 customs agents.
All is well that ends well - my luggage was waiting for me on the floor outside the luggage carousel.
Yeah!  I made it:)



No comments:

Post a Comment