Tuesday, June 27, 2017

17.06.14-23. Missing Mike in Valladolid

My first trip to Valladolid was with Mike on April 2014 when we came for 4 nights and were given the Royal Tourist treatment by Claudia and Lupita. Eric was early in his relationship with Claudia at the time, but all were eager to have us visit and we enjoyed the trip.  We spent one night in Valladolid that time and took this picture of us in the central plaza
 
where I now sit alone.
 

enjoying the memories and the beautiful plaza, with a large iglesia on one street, 
 
and bordered on all four sides by restaurants, shops and public buildings. 

Remember the Easter Miracle post dated 17.04.14?  I experienced another powerful message from Mike while I was here in Valladolid. 

I had asked Trevor at Pulpo Hostel for a recommendation about where to go for "música en vivo".  He told me Conato was nearby and had live music on weekends. I went there on Friday night after my visit at Pulpo with Sarah, the maestro from the Spanish school inTulum ( see Valladolid - Spanish education ). 

I arrived about 10:00. The band was two hombres. One with guitar the other with percussion.  They were positioned up on a loft above the open-to-the-sky restaurant seating area out back. 
 In this photo the band up in the loft above the seating area looks like four people because the two musicians were sitting in front of larger than life sized photos of other musicians in action.  

Since it was past dinner hour, I was greeted immediately why my Spanish speaking server, and had time to place my food and drink order while the musicians finished the song they were playing when I walked in, and did a bit of chatting to the guests in the restaurant in Spanish as they prepared for their next song. 

The very first song they played after I was seated, comfortable and enjoying my mojito was the ONLY song they sang in English all night AND from Bob Dillion, one of Mike's favorite artists. The song was (and I kid you not).....Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heaven's Door - one of the songs that Mike and I chose for our favorite songs playlist while we in in Oregon during our last active month alone together last year. Now I wonder how the band knew to play that particular song in English at that particular moment?

Actually, I don't wonder, I know. I simply said out loud "Thanks, my love!  I love you too!"  Then I had a delicious,  full-blown, deep from the pit of my belly cry right there at my table:)

No comments:

Post a Comment