Friday, June 30, 2017

17.06.24-25. Missing Mike in Playa Del Carmen

Missing Mike in Carlsbad, Cancun, Isla Holbox, Bacalar, Tulum, Valladolid and Playa del Carmen among other places .......

After returning from Valladolid for a one night visit to Cancun so I could complete my crown work with my Cancun dentist,
 

 I took a one hour express shuttle bus ride to Playa del Carmen and  lodged in a brand new building of condominium units - one unit of which is owned by Claudia's dad and Nellie.  The building is not quite open for public rental yet, but the units were available for owner's use and they were nice to let me check it out for my last weekend.  

The room was very comfortable and relaxing and there was a great rooftop pool where I sat both nights at sunset - 
 
 - alone because there was practically nobody else staying in the building - it was a little bit like a ghost town. 

The condo building was on a major street just a short walk to the main shopping / restaurant / tourist section of town. 
 
I went there on Sunday to relax at the beach and had the last guacamole meal of my trip - 
 
at the very same hotel we stayed at and beach club /restaurant we enjoyed last year when we visited Playa del Carmen after the wedding. 
 
But darn it, someone was missing.
 

This completes my tour of all the places Mike and I visited together in Mexico last year.  

This also completes my Mexico trip related entries.  All I had to do once back in Cancun for two final nights was to condense my expanded pile of luggage into one checked rollerbag and two catrry-ons
 
And give big hugs to Claudia and Lupita for being such welcoming, helpful and loving hosts while I came and went from their home in Cancun at my free will - Muchas Gracias !! 

But this does not complete my recap of the places Mike and I enjoyed together. 

I am only half way through the first year without Mike, and I intend to continue retracing the steps we took last year because we enjoyed our journey together.  

We achieved our dream of living and traveling full-time in the motor home. We achieved our goal after he got sick of staying in the motorhome for as long as possible because it was what we wanted to do. 

He liked it. 

We liked it together. 

And I still like it. 

I know he wanted me to continue our journey and so I will - for both of us. He will be with me and I look forward to the special moments that he appears like he did through the live music at the restaurant in Valladolid ( see 17.06.14-23 Missing Mike in Valladolid). 

Enjoy the journey, my love!  I love you. 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. And your Mike memories and experiences. You both were so lucky to have each other. See you on a few weeks. Love Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing my journey. It is good to know I am not alone:).

      Delete
  2. What an excellent adventure. I have enjoyed every post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experiences, Denise. I know this current journey is quite a bit different than the one you shared with Mike. Still, your posts show wonderful moments enjoyed, new people met, healing solitude and reflection making this extraordinary journey a success! I'm so looking forward to seeing you in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, mi Amiga! Espero podemos hablar en Español!

      Delete