Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fri. July 12, 2013 - 2nd lake swim

Every morning Mike gets up fairly early to get some exercise while I enjoy a good sleep.

Today, however, I decided not to miss the early morning which has been beautiful since we got here - sunny with no wind.

I rode my bike down the nature trail to the day use sand dune and picnic area on the opposite side of Cleawox Lake from the lodge, ( about half a mile trip from our site)  and went for a 40 minute swim along the shoreline.

There are only a couple things I regret not bringing from Woodhaven.  Right now I can only remember one -  the inflatable inner tube which I pulled behind me with a rope while swimming in Lake of the Pines that allows me to swim right across the center of the lake rather than stay close to shore.

So as I was swimming close to shore there was a couple fishing at the bottom of the sand dune. I hollered "Sorry!" As I swam by their fishing grounds and the woman called back...  "That's OK, we are about ready to catch a mermaid".  Makes a 57 year old feel good!

Today we had two yurts to clean, so we came back here for lunch ( I made a pot of soup in the crock pot ) and did the yurts before returning to the library for the afternoon.

This evening we put a quiche in the oven  ( it has been on the menu for several day so FINALLY!! ) and made our rounds of the C and E loops while it cooked.  After dinner we attended the Friday night program at the amphitheater on berries and plants at Honeyman.
Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment