Monday, August 6, 2018

18.08.02-3 McMinnville

The drive to McMinnville from Silver Falls is about 50 miles. I took my time, enjoying the new scenery and arrived at Eric and Claudia’s apartment about 3:00. Eric was at work.  Clau and I took their dog, Jamie for a walk to the local park and through an orchard at the edge of the neighborhood. 

After Eric got home and we all had an after work break, we took Clau to her yoga class in town and went to the Thursday night Farmers Market before going to the large sports complex park so Jamie could have another run and Eric and I could pick “at the peak of the season” wild blackberries from the bushes surrounding the park. 

We had good conversation and delicious chicken tortilla soup for dinner. 

Friday was a work day for Eric and an errand day for Clau and me. She is researching baby crib alternatives among other things for the nursery, so we did some looking, but not any buying today. We took a break for lunch out which was fun,

and a cruise through the local crafts-persons consignment store. Beautiful and creative things inside, made by local people. We both have ideas for items to sell in that store (or one like it in another town). 

Tonight we went out for a brewpub pizza and more conversation.

 I’m still off-loading my Mexico adventure stories, and since they can specifically relate to the places I’ve been, I got to go in to more detail than I could with a lot of my listeners.   

I brought some household items from my storage unit in Auburn to share - rugs, wall hangings, towels, etc that are doing no one any good sitting in my storage unit, and I got a better understanding of the space and needs of a young couple in their first home.  Food for thought for my next trip in a couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment