Friday, June 15, 2018

18.06.10-11 Cancun round one

My 2018 Mexican travels began at 4:00 AM on Sunday morning when my Spanish speaking Uber driver picked me up from Tom and Pat’s house in San Jose. It was a short 8 mile trip to the airport and we spoke Spanish the whole way.

The flights were uneventful and I had an easy entry through customs on this Sunday night

Compared to last year when there were only two agents working on a Friday night, and the rope cue lines were so full then didn’t fit inside the ropes.  I’m still amazed about that long wait through customs rwhile Clau and Lupita sat in the parking lot waiting for me.

Tonight Lupita was there to pick me up from the airport at just the right time and she had comida waiting for me at home,

then I had a much needed night’s rest. 

I spent two nights and days at the house.  Sleeping, reorganizing and knitting a lot.  

I spoke to Curt on his birthday, June 11 from the back yard of “la casa de Lupita” ( here is a view of the palapa Eric helped to build a couple years ago - now fully shaded with trees)

And Curt sent a picture of himself holding 7 month old Brynne in the yard of his birthday AirBNB lodging in Transylvania ( He, Sarah and Brynne are on a two month road trip through northern and Eastern Europe)


I went on an errand trip with Lupita after her work and following siesta on the second night. We went to a coffee shop for dessert where we did some major logistics planning. I purposely did not buy a return plane ticket to the US yet or any other transportation for local moves, and it is a good thing because already I have heeded the recommendation to delay my visit to Mexico City until at least a week after Mexico’s July 1 presidential election.  Stay tuned for the new plan - it is still coming in to focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment