Thursday, May 22, 2014

Monday, May 19, 2014 - Las Vegas to Winslow AZ 300 Miles

We packed up last night expect for the dump and hooking up the jeep. We drove out of Thousand Trails about 9:00 AM and crossed over Hoover dam into Arizona.
 
First stop was for lunch at Cracker Barrel in Kingman, AZ
where we also found a nice library to work for a couple hours.  Then we took turns driving and sleeping as we made our way east past Flagstaff and stopped at a pretty desert rest stop
at sunset
 
then continued on to our overnight resting spot - a Walmart parking lot in Winslow AZ. We had crock pot tacos I made yesterday for this very occasion - easy dinner after dark, then to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I like your picture. Cracker Barrel? Well, I guess there's not much choice. Who do we owe the good planning to? BTW, I think I've been to that Rest Area!

    ReplyDelete