Monday, February 25, 2013

Feb. 21, 2013: Day 52 - Three cabins

Mike went in to town - his deadline is calling, and I stayed at home to do the park host work in the afternoon. We were assigned three cabins - first time for more than two. Mike drove me there at 10:00 when he left for town, but all the cabins were still occupied since check-out time is 1:00.

To kill some time, we checked the mail - we got our first batch of re-directed mail from our Auburn PO box, so I got our scanner working and processed the mail.

It was windy and a light rain when I left for the 12 minute walk to the cabins at about 12:15. I skipped the outdoor chores since it is silly to sweep in rain. Here are some pictures of the inside of the cabins:




It took me longer to do the three cabins without Mike, and by the time I was finished, it was a hard rain. I walked back to the kiosk where we turn in the keys and paperwok after cleaning, and there was a new guest waiting for the keys and Ranger Dave was checking in with Howard (the on-duty regiration host) to see if everything was OK. They did not see our car and wondered what was going on. Ranger Dave told me I should have let them know I was working by myself and he would have helped - especially since it is a light day and he was not busy. He emphasized that the rangers want to get to know the hosts and this would have been a good opportunity. He said when the park is short a host and the rangers HAVE to do the cleaning, they really appreciate what we hosts do to help. It was all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment