Monday, August 7, 2017

17.08.02 - 08.07 Bring on the mountains

I've been in the mountains near Truckee for 5 nights. It really feels good to walk in the mountain forest and remember the good times. Mike and I went on many hikes together and we loved them. 

This is the first place I've been since returning to our Northern California neighborhood that I've been weepy daily - but to cry is to heal and the memories are good. 

I don't know when I'll feel like I'm ready to move to the next phase ( whatever that is) but I am certain now is not the time!  

Here is me at the destination of a 3 mile round trip hike I took with Jacquie. 

I really like this picture because of three meaningful elements. 

1:  Me being me ( I swam to the granite boulders across the lake in the center of the picture)

2:  Me being a part of "us" ( the Giants TShirt I got on a spring training excursion in the Motorhome to Phoenix in about 2006. Mike and I like baseball)

3:  Me reflecting Mike's positive attitude ( he was famous at the end for giving thumbs up)

Here is me on a Truckee River bike trail bike ride 

It was cloudy but the river rafters were in full attendance. I can't remember the last year we niked this trail together, but we did it many times. 

And here is one of my favorite pictures of Mike - in the mountains.  It is a different season than now, but we were hiking, none-the-less!

Those were the good ol days!  Bring on the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy. Love where you are and soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's my goal. I realize I am just beginning to figure out life without my partner. It is difficult!

      Delete