Monday, November 5, 2018

18.10.04-31 Off duty at South Beach State Park

Newport is a short two hour drive to McMinnville where Eric and Claudia live, so I went there twice during the month. Once to visit while Lupita, la otra abuela de Mateo, was there


And once to visit while tia Isa, la hermana de Claudia, was there.


We celebrated Clau’s birthday


And enjoyed a nice “peace, love, trees” walk through the fall colors with a happy sleeping baby. 
Besides being a grandma.....

I also enjoyed staying in Newport on my off duty days. rode my bike to see the sunset a few times 

and in the mornings for exercise I took the nice bike path from the state park through the dune forest to the jetty
where I went to observe the tide changes and the fishing fleet traffic on the water, and ride inland along the south side of the jetty to the bay front fishing pier where people come for crabbing. No crabbing for me, I just enjoy the view. 
One beautiful day I rode OVER the bridge.
for a good view into the south side pleasure marina and the Yaquina Bay. 

I was thinking about how much this physical geography is so similar to the Golden Gate (on a much smaller scale, of course, but similar - beautiful bridge, beautiful sheltered harbor along the Pacific coast) and thinking about Mike and all the time we spent here AND there together. He was thinking about me at the same time because I felt the full body tingles
 and saw his image walking along the shore under the bridge. Now THAT is (and was) a good day:). 

Here I am looking back toward the bridge through the north side commercial fishing port 
I stopped on my way home at Rogue Brewery on the bay for a bit of refreshment and toasted Mike
for sharing our good memories of being here together in 2014 and in earlier years. 


Once a week I joined a group of people at the Newport Senior Center on Wednesday afternoons for Pinochle. I am really enjoying that game - it is a bit of a challenge to learn, and I have my cousins in Iowa to thank for getting me started. 
I went three different times on sunny days to my favorite sun bathing spot on the north jetty

Where I let fly some of Mike’s ashes fly last year.  
Fun times in Newport. I look forward to returning next year to do it again:)









No comments:

Post a Comment