Thursday, May 10, 2018

18.01.16-24 Re-entry Liverpool to Home Base

I shared the afterglow of my trip to England (see previous posts dated 11/27/17-01/15/18) with US family and friends as I made my way south after I returned to the US.

First stop was a two night layover in San Jose with Kelly's parents, Tom and Pat.  I've stayed with them several times over the last few years, and it is always comfortable, with good eating, good conversation and good evening TV/movies entertainment with knitting.  This time, I took a nice hike in the nearby Almaden Quicksilver County Park where I got a great view of the Bay Area from south of San Jose, and spent the afternoon adjusting to warm weather and reflecting on the great trip I just finished.
Next stop was an overnight visit with brother Steve and Terri.  Terri was the perfect size for the souvenir t-shirt I brought back from England.
I really liked the red phone booths that were iconic landmarks throughout the areas I traveled in England
me in a public corner booth that had been decorated by a school class....

and two booths being used for a coffee shop in Nottingham.

Next stop was Kelly's house in Rocklin. Eric and Claudia were on their way up to Oregon to check it out and delayed their departure so we could connect for a night and an afternoon hike at Folsom Lake.


Next I spent the night with Richard and Dollie before going to church in the morning.  Here we are having lunch at the local Mexican restaurant after church.
and here is a shot of their yard where I discovered some personal treasures.  It is hard to see, but there are several pieces of Curt's ceramic work from high school displayed on the stone wall that Richard rescued from our LOP house at move out time in 2012, stored and then found a home for  - above and beyond the call of duty, Richard!

I stayed with Laurie and Bob the last night I spent in my home base area, 
but this picture was taken in the summer during a previous layover at their house.

After a short but sweet lunch with Connie at her house on my way out of town, 

I headed south toward Carlsbad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment