Saturday, July 29, 2017

17.07.21-24. Visitando con familia

It is good to have family and friends at a time like this. I intentionally put MT ( aka: the Motorhome) in a truck service shop for routine repairs and storage because it is difficult to find a place to park MT when I come back to home base. I knew I would have lots of opportunity for safe haven and good conversation while in my local neighborhoods of Auburn, Rocklin and Sacramento. 

Friends?  Check! - see the previous post 

Family?  Yeah!  First stop was Connie's house.  We have been talking regularly by phone since Mike left, but it was good to spend an evening together in person over a delicious oriental noodle salad, fresh tomatoes and cookies for dessert while I brought out the Mexican shopping trip bag. Connie selected a heart shaped dream catcher to keep her other Mexican ornament company in her kitchen - a hand-made-by-Lupita doily from the altar decorations for Eric and Clau's redwood wedding in Aug 2014.   Here are Connie and I on the way to the wedding 

And the altar itself with the doilies hanging between two trees witnessing a beautiful wedding 

And for good measure, here are Mike and I dressed for this wedding 

On Saturday morning I drove from Connie's house to AT&T park in San Francisco to enjoy a day game at our favorite ballpark. 

I arrived early to sneak in to some field level seats and get a good view of the pre game festivities. 

Mike and I always liked taking a walking tour of the ballpark during the game for food and to see the sights on McCovey Cove. 

I gave myself permission and plenty of time to remember all the trips we made to San Francisco and the ball park in the past. Here we are in 2016 when we got to see the game from ADA seats in the front row of the 3rd deck with a great view of the bay.

I was more than a little teary-eyed when the Giants hit a game winning single in the bottom of the twelfth inning and all the team rushed out on the field to congratulate the batter and Tony Bennett started singing "I Left my Heart in San Francisco" but my partner was not there to share the celebration with. Oh well, I know Mike was there in spirit. I enjoyed the day for him, me and us.

On Sunday I took my time making the 300 mile drive north to see Eric and Clau at the farm they are working for the summer. 


We had a good Bar-BQ dinner the first night and the next day Eric baked sour dough bread, pizza, cookies and kale chips in his clay oven. 

We had a couple good walks in the forest - one mid day with their dog, Jamie

And another at beautiful sunset

where we went to a high spot to get cell reception for communication and research on our phones. 

I stayed long enough to get reconnected, speak a bit of Spanish and make some good progress with my knitting, but not long enough to be put to serious work on the farm. The heavy lifting I did was to help them gather live greens from the forest for the sheep to feast on in their pasture, and to help n the kitchen - right up my alley!

After a leisurely 2nd morning I packed up and headed down into 100 degree heat to return to my local neighborhood and my travel logistics plan. Little did I know I would be thrown a vehicle curve ball in a couple days......

No comments:

Post a Comment